We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

excel can,t copy/paste

Newuser3477

Likes # 0

I have been using excel spreadsheets for years Suddenly I can't use control+c to copy and paste from one cell to another Normally control +c will highlight the cell with a shimmering frame . This doesn't happen and no data is entered into destination cell on pasting. more important I can't link cells in separate spreadsheets using copy and paste special using icons at top of spreadsheet Please can someone tell what I have accidentally done?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you have Skype Click-to-Call add in that causes the problem. See ClickHere

Other than that have you done a Detect and Repair? Excel -> Help -> Detect and Repair

Like this post
Newuser3477

Likes # 0

Many thanks problem solved with your help. I had tried the repair route before posting problem. Re-installing Skype "click" add in solved problem. It was reassuring to know I was not alone with my problem

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I have had the same problem see http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4130955/excel-copy-formulae-and-paste--will-not-paste/ This is intermittent problem so I will try and see if it is the Skype "Click to call" that is causing the problem. Strange, I had scoured the web looking for an answer to this and this is the only time have I seen a reference to Skype creating the problem with Excel.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

lotvic Thanks for your input on this. I had initially gone into Skype and Options/Advanced and unchecked "Use Skype to call callto:Links on the web" and thought that that would clear up the problem, but instead I found that one needed to go into Programmes/Uninstall and uninstall "Skype Click to Call". I have had the problem for some two to three weeks now and knew that the problem was not with the individual Excel file, but believed it to be the Excel programme itself. I was on the point of reinstalling Office 2007 when I read your posting and followed links arising from it. That posting has saved me a lot of time that would have been completely wasted. I will still keep my fingers crossed for a little while though.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow