We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Scanners?

perplexed user
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is there a scanner or software with a scanner on the market that will allow multi images to be scanned but saves them as separate images?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You can get scanners with automatic document feeders that will take one image after another. Scanners, with backlights, will scan several slides/negatives at the same time as separate images. I am not aware of a scanner that will automatically save several photos/documents that are scanned at the same time. I have placed several small photos on a scanner, previewed them and selected an individual photo in turn.

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 1

I have a Cannon Lide25 scanner which seems to do what I think you need.

I have not used this before, but I will try it out and see what happens.

Here goes then!

I have just placed into the scanner three separate photographs and after opening the Canoscan dialogue box and set it to (MULTI SCAN). It went into scanning which just looks a bit like normal, but when you get as far as the file where you’re scanned photographs show, they show up as different photos. Then onto the directory where you want the scanned photographs to be sent and they are all there with separate file numbers, just as if you had made three separate scans. You can of course scan as many as you like or as few as is required at the same time.

I also scanned a sheet with separate photographs that was a leaflet with printing on and it just turned out the whole sheet as one unit / photo. I think what makes the difference is the fact that you leave a gap in between each photo to be scanned that you want to turn out as separate files. If that makes sense

I hope this helps you. Regards Migwell

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad