We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Virgin media superhub slow wireless

willyv

Likes # 0

Hi, i am speedtesting my virgin 10mb superhub at around 0.45 mbps whilst on wireless and about 9 when wired. i tried the virgin remote access assistance which wasnt much help- i was connected to them for over an hour just to establish what i already knew-then the battery in my phone died!!! we have moved recently and i had no probs on virgin previously with a small router. since using the new installation i have also had lots of problems with dropping offline and having to troubleshoot wireless connection. do you think it is a problem with the superhub or my wireless card???

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

I have also found the superhub to be slow. I get a better signel strength off people 2 houses away and from people acrross the road. In the end my mate plugged hisold router in and we got faster andf stronger signal.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

It seems pretty fashionable to slate the so called superhub but I've used worse pieces of kit, the main problem seems to be that it ends up in the wrong place as in where Virgin place the incoming coax socket so it's not as easily moved as ADSL router.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

No complaints with the Superhub since I got it last month.I get almost the full 20mb download and 1.4mb upload using the wireless connection.

Never varies only problem i have with it is it is to bright.Apart from that it is first class.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I'm with Buteman on this one on the 20meg always no lower than 19.7 on speed test but upload around 1.8

Speedtest.net A few min ago

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded