We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best advice required....for Broadband and phone line for my sister

julius44

Likes # 0

Good afternnon to you all. My sister and her young daughter will be moving to a bigger place very soon, and she needs information on the best deal for broadband and phone line please. At present her broadband is with Virgin media and her sky is with Sky. she has no landline. Virgine media have already told her that they have no broadband in the new property which is at Brockly in south london, hence she cant transfer her internet. She's considering sky or BT, or maybe any tohers around. I'm with virgin for my internet, and they are very good. Any suggestions offers for advice please??

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Does she want the cheapest or a good service? See ISP ratings. I'm with Zen for brosdband and phone. Not the cheapest but excellent service. Also it's only a month contract.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You could go to http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ and click on 'Broadband Map' input the postcode of new house, and then in left column click on 'Speed Test Results'. This will show you speeds that others are getting in the area (that is if anyone local has done speed tests).

Another good site is http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker but if she is going to have Sky for her TV then it makes sense to check out their deals and what they can offer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite