We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

do i need 2 cleaners??

chrisod

Likes # 0

i have ccleaner and and advanced system care do i need both or is 1 enough? which should go if not needed? thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 1

You don't even need one so called cleaner. They can and do cause more problems than they solve.

Like this post
blazon 82

Likes # 0

I agree with Chronus, I used CC and it created havoc with my Win XP

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i use both ok

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

i've used cccleaner for years with both xp avd vista 64bit and never had a porblem

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Agreed never had a problem with CCleaner, don't even bother backing up the registry now before cleaning.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I tend to 'trial' most of the free or limited offer 'cleaners', usually at the same time, so as to see what occurs on the computers that I use for this purpose.

Most will have there own qwerks and problems, if not used with consideration, especially those that suggest a paid upgrade is essential. Fortunately, I am able to get some of these upgrades for free, which still convinces me most times, that even the Pro versions are suspect in doing a full job intended.

CCleaner as always been a firm favourite of mine, right from its introduction. Never had any problems with that product, and that includes any registry fixes. Suggest that you keep it on your computer, and regular check for latest updates.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Used CCleaner on literally dozens of computers. It has NEVER produced a problem, but has ALWAYS speeded up slow machines.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

No you don't need both. If both are free I would go for C Cleaner.

Like this post
chrisod

Likes # 0

thanks buteman yes both are free so will go with ccleaner

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

10 iPhone app exclusives that make Android users jealous