We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Faulty connector VGA ?

geoff47
Resolved

Likes # 0

The connection to my monitor has been playing up for a while, if you knock the cable the monitor goes blank, moving the cable seemed to sort it out.

I have moved the PC, now I cannot get the monitor to display anything. I think it is the actual vga connection on the PC, rather than the cable because I have tried several cables.

Any easy solutions ?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Open the case and try reseating the graphics card.

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

I have opened the case, it is a built in graphics card. I can only assume the actual holes that accept the pins on the cable are worn or faulty.

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

I am humble and contrite. I have a confession to make. I moved the PC to cobble a memory card from another PC into it. From the limited research I did, I believed it to be OK, I have just extracted it and the monitor is working fine again.

Panic over, thanks for the input......I have learned something tonight. I am not as clever as I thought.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

geoff47 - I have learned something tonight. I am not as clever as I thought

We are all still learning something new every day - that's why we are on here Geoff. We can all benefit from reading a post from someone. Without problems there would be no Forum.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Thanks for lettings us now the outcome this may help others in future.

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

Yet another question.........how do you tick the thread as solved ? I have had a look, but it's not as obvious as it should be, I know I have done it before, but cannot for the life of me find how.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Click on a big grey tick next to any of the posts and it will turn green. Next time you refresh the page your thread will be marked resolved.

Like this post  
geoff47

Likes # 0

Thanks......I knew it would be something simple.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good