We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Simple IE9 question?

Housten

Likes # 0

Good afternoon,

I have been having a terrible time lately, mostly by asking questiona to various firms. A reply I have just had states that if I say to IE - in my case 9 - then certain things are remembered by my - or is it their? - computer. This is supposed to be instead of having cookies activated.

I have gone all round the icons on IE9 - at least twice - and can find nowhere either to activate cookies or to make particular sites into 'trusted websites'. I know I am being thick and stupid and there must be a way of dealing with both of these - especially 'trusted websites'. I would be very grateful, therefore, if someone could take pity on me and tell me how to do such simple things.

Many thanks in advance.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Tools- internet options- security tab- trusted sites.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I use CCleaner (free) to clear cookies, having left IE9 in default mode. In CCleaner you can tell it which ones to keep, but I do not bother. Free version here You can block ads etc - come back if you wish - but see in Tools / Safety/ Tracking Protection. You can also block tracking sites with DNT+.See Abine DNT+At the moment this (for me)is blocking a total of 15 people trying to track what I am doing here alone - 3 social buttons,4 ad networks and 8 companies!

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

rdave13 and john bunyan,

Many, many thanks, gentlemen! Being brain dead, and tending to panic, it is extrmely helpful to be able to ask some sane people for help!!!

I will be implementing your advice immediately!! Once again my thanks to you both.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Housten

Glad to be of some help, we are all learners. Hope it goes well - do come back if there are any more questions. I assume you have one anti virus running? PS CCleaner also has a reg cleaner is mild and safe (and free)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'