We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bluetooth

KirstyK

Likes # 0

Hello, I have 2 problems with bluetooth:

1) Whenever I turn my bluetooth on, on my dell inspiron laptop my internet will not work.

2) Also, my laptop does not detect my Samsung galaxy s2 phone via bluetooth.

Therefore, I am unable to use my bluetooth facilities on my laptop. :-( Can anyone help?

Kirsty

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Whenever I turn my bluetooth on, on my dell inspiron laptop my internet will not work.

Is it the same button that switches on the wireless card and the bluetooth?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Why do you want to connect your Samsung by bluetooth? As far as I know it will not connect to Kies by bluetooth but will by USB or wirelessly.

Like this post
beeuuem

Likes # 0

THe first question in what is the inspiron model?

According to http://www.mobilephonetipsandtricks.com/2011/06/how-to-connect-your-samsung-galaxy-s2.html the connection is made from the Galaxy not the laptop.

Like this post
KirstyK

Likes # 0

same Button for wireless and Bluetooth. want to send photos and videos by Bluetooth to laptop to update them rather than plugging USB in each time if less than ten photos.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try the Kies Air App over wireless network Kies Air

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Seen this before on underpowered laptops, can't run wireless card and bluetooth card together, thats why key switches from both off, wireless on, blutooth on.

The only way to do both is connect laptop to router by cable while hving Blutooth on.

1. Have you entered the phones passkey (identity) in the laptop and vice versa?
Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...