We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

error 554 in windows mail

morthin

Likes # 0

I have had this problem off and on for the last two weeks anybody else having the same ... or even a solution ? Thanks Morthin

An unknown error has occurred. Subject '', Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse; please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Is this the only mail address that you use in Windows Mail or do you have others that work.

I had a slightly different problem about 2 weeks ago,There was an update for Windows Live Essentials which I let update,After that my E-mail program would not work.I use Windows Live mail so may be a different problem than yours.

The only way to get mine to work again was to remove Windows live essentials and download it again using File Hippo.It worked with no problem after that but maybe it was the older version that was downloaded.

Like I say not sure if Windows mail is the same as Windows Live mail or not.

If it does not come bundled with Windows live essentials just ignore this.

Like this post
morthin

Likes # 0

Thanks for that .. tried it but it is still the same. The only way I can send out emails now is by accesing my BtYahoo mail account and send them from there Thanks for youir help

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

See this

How many e-mails are you sending? It is possible that Yahoo thinks that you are a spammer.

Like this post
morthin

Likes # 0

Interesting ,, But I only try to send one email

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote