We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why no XP

ynys_mon

Likes # 0

Looking at the headlines for forum topics, I wonder why there is no windows XP headline

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You're in General Helproom so XP is covered in here as well as other op sys, the other forums kinda evolved as the op systems were released. This Helproom is the general one - and just to confuse you further, if you scroll right down to the Dark grey part of this page it's link is called 'Free Tech Support' ;-)

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Why no windows 3.1 or Windows 98 or Windows 2000 or Windows ME?

Basically because most people have moved on to the later op systems

Judging from the lack of posts its Probably time to get rid of some of the other forums and just keep Helproom, Speakers corner, Games, Consummer Watch, Digital Home /Mobile World combined and Windows 8

Like this post
ynys_mon

Likes # 0

Windows 3.1 or Windows 98 or Windows 2000 or Windows ME . . . are barely viable these days as they wont support modern innovations. XP on the other hand is widely used, totally viable, a probably able to run a greater variety of software than any other OS.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I think there is no windows XP headline because FE and the forum designers decided that the term 'Helproom' was sufficient. If you require any further explanation near the top of this page there is a 'Contact Forum Editor' link that you can use.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy your gadgets at launch: Wait and pick up a bargain

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?