We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ITouch stayes locked out of my Wireless connection to BT Hub

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

This is a long standing problem - that I have ignored becuse it works perfectly well on various 'Hot Spot locations

Setting it up to link to my BT Hub entails entering numbers as indicated in the Card that comes with the HUb.

The iTouch recognises the connection and shows I/P address and relevant detail- even including the the Yahoo mail link- but still shows the padlock symbol- and wont let me in.

The reason for this post is - that a friend brought her new laptop for me yo set up - and testing the wireless connection and entering the 'Wireless Key number put the laptop right in and we could Google merrily away,

But the iTouch stubbornly stays locked out, Any ideas?

I have also to say a Visit to the local Apple store tech bench could only suggest what is already being done.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Thanks nontek - but that refers to power saving only Not Wi-Fi

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

My two grand children have their iPod touches connected to my router using a guest password. I find you need fingers like knitting needles to put the wireless code in and it is important to get the upper and lower case right.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Thank you John I too have to sharpen my fingers and take care to get the sequence right with many a back space to boot.

But having got it right - eventually it will still present 'that damned padlocck.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Have you tried inserting the MAC address to your router settings? MAC address.

I have an ipod touch and to be honest I cannot remember how easy or hard it was to set up. But what I do know is that I certainly did not have to faff about with tricky passcodes as I had changed it to something that I could remember. But in saying that the Wii was a bit of a bugger to connect initially.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia