We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 and IE9

Madrat

Likes # 0

Will there ever be a solution to "an add on failed to run" when using Internet Explora 9 and Windows 7 ???

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you tried running in compatibility mode.And are you using the 32Bit version of I/E or the 64bit version. What add-on is not running.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like you have to allow doubleclick.net to run.

SOLVED! doubleclick.net was in my restricted sites list. Thanks for trying to help

That seemed to have solved everyones problems.

I Think Spywareblaster automatically blocks it but I may be wrong.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post
Madrat

Likes # 0

Hi, using 32bit. Don't seam to have double click.net, but still getting the problem?????

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check for latest flash player, here.

Verify your Java, here.

Disable ActiveX Filtering, Tools icon- safety- make sure no tick applied to ActiveX Filtering.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok go to Tools.Internet Options.privacy.Sites.Scroll down to Doubleclick .net click on it to highlight it and press allow on top right.Ok and apply if it is there.

See if that makes any difference.

Like this post
Madrat

Likes # 0

Removed doubleclick .net and .co.uk and everything seams fine now thanks god, was driving me mad. I was about to go over to Firefox.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

fiatman go over to firefox? Shudder the thought of going over to a 'lesser' browser.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

PS,click the tick to the right, if you will. Helps other readers when they browse. Ta muchly....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more