We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Met Office site query

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

If you go here:

Met Office

and then click on the 'UK Radar Observations Map' ( the mauve link) does anyone see the maps on the link page? The top panel on mine is empty.

Been like it for some weeks. Dis-abling AB Plus has no effect. Thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Works ok on Firefox. Which browser are you using?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Ok with IE9 too.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Further thought are you scrolling far enough down. There are 2 panels that carry ads first.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Works for me on W7/Chrome...

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

I'm on FF10. Clicking on the mauve link takes me to the (presumably) new web site. It opens--and near the top I have a grey panel right across divided into 3 portions. It seems as if there should be something there. There are four green icons top right for rain etc. If I select one it shows 'loading', but never completes.

At the bottom of the original page there is a box with a number of town/city forecasts. Clicking on anyone merely scrolls the page back to the top where the empty grey boxes are. Same on IE9. Will try Chrome. Must be being blocked somewhere. Thanks for replies.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

XP Home.

Like this post
Procrastinus

Likes # 0

Blank with me too.
Same with the new page for Surface Charts. Linux Mint, WinXP SP3 and Firefox 11. Seems a problem with the new pages - I have emailed them but no reply.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

When you say the top panel do you mean the strip of about one inch at the top of the map? If so, then that is an ad - and it will likely be suppressed if you are using a popup blocker. Do you see the x at the right hand side? Clicking that will close the (invisible) ad.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Don't click on the link. Use the page itself. I use the main page and customise it for my location. Met Office

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

608 Thanks. At least it's not me losing the plot.

john bunyan

I have tried your link to the page I also use which opens OK, but clicking on 'map' or others in the drop down under 'Weather' gives me the page in my original post. The site, I think, is still in Beta, but if it works for others........!

Is the above the same for you?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more