We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Beta Max Video Recorder As it Any Value.

prince midas

Likes # 0

I have a Sony Betamax C7 Recorder in Excellent condition with Instructions & Guide with Beta tape etc which I purchased in 1968 for £650 which as been stored for the last 15 Years.As it any finacial value.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Look on Google: Here is an example Betamax £35

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I also have a Sony Betamax plus a Philipps 2000, both in boxed pristine conditions. Looks like a check in the attic and a Google search for any values?.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

1968??? That's gotta be a typo??

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Beta I think you may be correct, a search brings up May 10, 1975 as the release date

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Definitely a type the C7 was in production from 1977-1980. It's a museum piece see National Media Musuem

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Another typo - type instead of typo!

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

My Dad fortunately bought a VHS machine in 1980 in the Middle East at the height of the Betamax war. Lots of his friends bought Betamax and VHS (they were all rich in the oil boom). You could buy Pirate Tapes for a song.

He shipped it back here. A lovely £500 machine, but it was PAL-D not PAL-I, so no sound.

Fortunately, Akai or Aiwa, whoever, said they could change the Tuner in their Service Centre in Gordano, Bristol for £30.

Only an hour away, so we took it up and went back a week later to collect. "It's ready", they said on the phone.

When we arrived, the receptionist went and got it and plonked it on the counter and said "Sorry we have stopped doing this modification. That will be a £25 handling charge please".

My Mum was incensed at our waste of time and petrol and their lack of communication. They had agreed to do it after all.

She picked it up and, after venting her spleen, said "You know where I am. Send me a bill". We never did hear back.

I think we managed to use it for playback for a while till prices dropped and we got a UK one.

Like this post
prince midas

Likes # 0

I must be wrong with date of purchase but it was a long time ago.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback