We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

laptop very faint.

kimtrnc

Likes # 0

I am embarrassed! Quite sure there is a very simple solution to this, but my laptop (not often used) is so dim I cannot view/read it.

Help, please?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Ok if you can see an image then the screen is probaly good.

worse case is then backlights or invertor failure (very very dim)

if just dim then you should have some keys to brighten / dim the screen, you may need to press FN as well as the keys if brighten symbol in blue.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure about laptops but if you go to power options in control panel I think that gives you the option of changing power options when using a laptop and can make the screen brighter but uses up more battery resources.

Probably nothing to do with that but worth a look I suppose.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

The make/model of the laptop might be of help to anyone with the same or similar who might be able to advise.

Like this post
kimtrnc

Likes # 0

Thanks guys - all it needed was FN +left facing triangle key. Now I am REALLY embarrassed..... Well, I am nearly 70 - does that excuse my idiocy?

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Nice to see another oldie,there are some on here that can beat that though.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Welcome to the oldies club !!!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

You are a spring chicken compared to some of us. The forum is for help and I am sure we could all find similar problems for which a bit of help was needed.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

kimtrnc

Just a memory thing.

We can remember things from 60 years ago but cannot remember something we did yesterday.Look on the bright side it can only get worse.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What was the question again? short term memory failing with age as the brain is nearly full, no room for the pagefile.

:0)

Glad its sorted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features