We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung Series 7 Graphics Upgrade.

Digirunner

Likes # 0

Hi,

I have a samsung series 7 i5, and I want to upgrade the RAM and upgrade the Grapics. When I bought it I didn't have the funds for the i7 version but so far I'm happy the i5.

The only problem is, I do a lot of CAD work in university, and need more graphics rather then intel graphics (and the RAM needs to be a little bigger, but thats pretty simple) and I was wondering how hard it would be? I'd like to hear of anyone else doing the same thing!

Cheers.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Is this a desktop or laptop your on about? Can you post a link to your PC as we really need a bit more details.

Like this post
Digirunner

Likes # 0

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

It is unlikely that you can do anything with the graphics on a the laptop and to be honest I am not sure your laptop and CAD really work.Something like an XPS 17 (L702x) is perfect for CAD. Quad-core (2.2Ghz) with turbo boost to over 3Ghz and 3Gb graphics card. Your graphics are really not up to the job.

Like this post
Digirunner

Likes # 0

At the moment its working pretty well using Solidworks, better than I thought, apart from some complicated assemblies..

I'm not the biggest Dell fan, I was on the brink of buying an XPS or alienware but they're to big, heavy, ugly and noisy. My series 7 looks good and doesn't make a sound so I guess I can cope with the lack of performance for now.

Sometime in the future I'll have to upgrade to a desktop for my more complicated CAD needs, thanks for the advice though

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made