We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New graphics card

yahwob

Likes # 0

I've been having severe trouble with my PC, one of which seems to be my graphics card.

At the moment I can only operate in safe mode and although I've tried to install a new driver suite but that hasn't worked.

I'm seriously looking at buying a new card and was looking for any suggestions. I currently have a HD4670 installed. I mostly use the PC for surfing and limited gaming, in reality the only game I play is WoW which is pretty dated graphically but I wouldn't mind giving Guild Wars 2 a look when it's released so would need at least the same performance as the 4670.

I have a budget of around £80 maximum and need a card thats easy to install :)

Many thanks

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

You give little information on your problem (symptoms being experienced would be nice) and none on your PC (motherboard, CPU, etc).

If you have updated your drivers recently it could be this that is causing trouble as could poor contact of the graphics card in its slot. Have you tried any troubleshooting; if so what have you done?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Need to know what power supply (PSU) you have.By that I mean what is the Wattage, you can find out from the label on the PSU.

GTS 250 is a nice jump from the 4670

HD 4850 is about 70% faster on average.

HD 5770 is probably a bit over your budget.

As for fitting have a look here: YouTube.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...