We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Compact Flash - Wont upload to compter

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

The answer will be 'Bin it'

So this is mere curiosity.

What do you think is happening[not] here?

My camara uses Compact Flash cards of which I have a collection of various sizes.

They all take pictures, they all upload to computer via camera USB or the built in Card reader.

All except one that is.

It is a 4Gb 'Generic'

It records pictures as taken and plays them back - in the camera

But the computer will not 'See' it any more [it did once upon a time] whether it is in the camera or the card reader

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Reformat and retry.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

Have you tried a differant USB port?

Windows saves lots of information about USB devices ever inserted & this can get messed up - There is a small free program by NirSoft that can help you remove (corrupted?) info regarding past USB devices in various ports.

USB Deview - Use with caution I think.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

When reformating in Camera it formats OK But as stated the computer does not 'See it'

A Couple of days ago I was given a USB Memory stick- that the owner says that when trying to format it in has Win XP machine - the process continues do far and then says - 'Cannot complete format'

Tried it imy Ubuntu machine and like my Compact flash card the computer does not 'See it'

Going back into the early days of flash memory was there not some discussion about 'generic' products being enhanced in someway to increase capacity- say a job lot of chips graded for lets say 2Gb being 'tweaked to 4Gb and sold as such.?

As both the items in question are generic could this be what has happened here?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide