We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Installing SD Moviestage

bturner

Likes # 0

Hello I used to have SD moviestage installed on my desktop PC but I returned it to factory setting on the weekend and now I am unable to install it.

I do not have a scanner and want to take pictures of a utility bill to send a company proof of my address with my digital camera.

I get this error message.

"Error executing file D:\ SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe The requested operation requires elevation".

I also tried to install it on the laptop but get the same error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

"The requested operation requires elevation"."

Probably means that you need to have Administrator rights when installing the program.

Go to "Start > All Programs", select Accessories then right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

At the prompt, type in...

D:\SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe

...and press Enter. (You had a space after D:\ in the path which shouldn't have been there.)

Like this post
bturner

Likes # 0

Thank-you for your reply.

I followed the instructions and typed in "D:\SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe"

This is the message I see, "

D:\SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe is not recognised as an external or internal command, operable program or batch file."

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Open the Command Prompt window and, at the prompt, type d: and press Enter. This will change the prompt to D:\>

At the D:\> prompt, type SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe and press Enter. Does that run the Setup.exe file?

If not, presumably D drive is your CD/DVD drive? Try copying the contents from the disk to a folder in the PC and install it from there instead.

Like this post
bturner

Likes # 0

Thank-you for the help.

I followed the instructions to get the "D:>" and cut and pasted SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe then hit enter but got the same error message

D:\SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe is not recognised as an external or internal command, operable program or batch file."

Yes D is my CD/DVD drive.

However I have managed to get my pictures onto the PC and sent the e-mail with attachments using Windows live photo gallery.

I had no idea that was installed and it is ideal for what I need it for.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'