We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Auto Sign Out is too Quick IE8 & XP

johnoo

Likes # 0

Think the title says it. I only have to leave the machine for a few minutes & I get automatically signed out. As I have a sign in password it is getting a tad boring having to re enter. How can I extend the time before auto sign out? Note:- If I go into Control Panel/Display/Monitor Power/Sceensaver the "System Standby" is set to 20 minutes, but I have to re log in long before that period of time

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

When you set the 20 minute delay are you clicking on apply and ok?

Like this post
johnoo

Likes # 0

Just clicking on OK, apply is not there.

Like this post
johnoo

Likes # 0

Just checked it, even though the Control Panel Monitor Power is set for 20 minutes, I am having to log in with password after about 10 minutes. Am I missing something?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Is your power saving set to "never" for standby

Try Display Properties - Screen Saver - and uncheck "On resume, display Welcome screen".

Do you have a screensaver set up?

Like this post
johnoo

Likes # 0

System Standby set to 20 minutes, Turn off Monitor 15 minutes, Turn off Hard Disc Never. Screen Saver set to "Yes" On Resume question is Checked

I can't do the "Uncheck" trial bit for a couple of days.

Will Post results Wednesday

Like this post
johnoo

Likes # 0

Unchecking the "On resume, display Welcome screen"seems to have worked thanks for the help.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Glad it's sorted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone