We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iplayer not working in firefox

howard64
Resolved

Likes # 0

over the last couple of weeks the bbc iplayer radio has stopped working. The page opens when I click on the prog I want to listen to but it says done and it does not play. If I use IE9 it works fine but I prefer firefox. It does not seem to matter whether I use the old ff 3.6 or the latest version. It also makes no difference if I am using W7 32bit or 64bit. Are there any suggestions as to what to try?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

An ad-blocker update maybe?

Like this post
howard64

Likes # 0

thanks rdave13 I have uninstalled Ad block and restarted but it made no difference

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'm running FF now, V 11, and iplayer radio working OK. Try clearing your cache, link,

You could also check your Flash version, here.

Mine shows version 11.2.202.228 for Windows 7 (64-bit).

Like this post
howard64

Likes # 0

Thanks again - I have the same flash version as you on w7 64bit - I have cleared the cache but it is still the same.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Does the video and sound work on the TV side of iplayer?

Like this post
howard64

Likes # 0

nothing is now working on iplayer - not listen live or any of the progs. Does anyone have any clue as to what to try next?

Like this post
Earthsea

Likes # 0

I had flash player plugin problems with Firefox a few days ago, after a silent skin update. Spent hours trying to fix it, without success, so I'm trying Google Chrome now and loving it. It imports Firefox bookmarks and settings without any hassle, so you might like to take this option.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try downloading your version of Flash player non-IE and save to desktop, link. Close Fire Fox and install Flash from the download. There is the 32 and 64 bit versions. I'd ignore the beta.

Like this post
howard64

Likes # 0

I uninstalled all adobe then downloaded the latest version - closed firefox and installed adobe - I then started firefox and it still does not work. Any further Ideas?

Like this post
howard64

Likes # 0

I can now get it to work using IE9 so that is what I am using

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites