We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ram or motherboard

Garthyy

Likes # 0

my computer suddenly goes slow and freezes now the startup is taking ages, i have done anti virus and spyware checks and all is cllear. this morning it booted up ok but as soon as i opened ie and typed a letter in the pc froze and i got bsod. it said hardware failure, any ideas?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

It would help if when posting a thread like this to actually mention one or two details about your PC.

Motherboad? how much ram? operating system? BSOD error code? it will be something like 0x800ccc0f and an error message,something like, IRQLNOTGREATEROREQUAL.

So if you could post a few details, it would help.

Like this post
Garthyy

Likes # 0

asus striker2 nse 4gb ram, windows7 pro, wd 2tb caviar black hdd 18 months old. nvidia 260 graphics card.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest http://www.memtest86.com/

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

Like this post
Garthyy

Likes # 0

on a whim I put in an old hard drive and it is all up and working so looks like a new harddrive. Any recommendations my wd black was very qquick compared to this drive - now on vista.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...