We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best printers for greeting cards

JustyB

Likes # 0

Can anybody suggest a printer to buy in order to print greeting cards to a very professional standard, this is a small business, so only looking at short runs, but want the same quality that you would get if you were buying from a shop.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

This is a US site, but may be of interest: greetings card printers

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

JustyB,

I've used an Epson Color Stylus 800 for cards in the past and am using an Epson Stylus Photo R800 at present for Christmas, Birthday, Aniversary and Valentine cards. The feed through path on Epsons is not to covoluted and I have used up to, and including, 300 gsm card.

Cards (A4 folded down to A5) take about 2-3 minutes to print out. Remember that you will probably need to use a paper insert for the inside of the card as you often cannot print on the reverse side of glossy card.

You will probable spend much more time designing the cards and personalising a Christmas card run than you will printing them.

Peter.

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Epson sx535wd is worth a look.! My wife makes lots of cards and this one fits the bill for her. a great feature is that it prints both side of card. Its also wifi and can be situated away from the PC. Also it prints edge to edge, and borderless. Even better it costs only approx. £65 and incorporates a scanner and copier.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September