We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Installing Microsoft updates

Migwell
Resolved

Likes # 0

Since 01/01/2012 there have been 60 recorder updates (KB2656351) and various other multable updates that have been installed time after time.

Every night when I switch my computer off it tells me not to unplug or switch off untill 1 or 2 updates have been installed.

There also seems to be a lot of hard drive noise as though it was going all the time. On my other computer (a laptop also running windows 7 there is nothing like this. I have run CC Cleaner and malware bites and nothing is reported as unusual.

Any ideas please

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

OS? and anthing else that might be helpful?

johnny

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

KB2656351 it's a known issue, to fix you have to Completely remove dotnet-framework and then reinstall it ClickHere for info and here is the link to the page to download The .NET Framework cleanup tool

(I have never had to do this so won't be able to give step-by-step)

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 0

Running Windows 7 Home

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Go Into All programs and run Windows Updates manually.Double click on the updates that are bothering you and a box will open underneath ,Just tick the box not to show these updates again.

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 0

After trying to uninstall some of the 60 odd KB2656351 files I gave up,there was also a lot of other duplicated files in the update section. I was also having bother with my scanner which I had tried to fix a few times over the last few months without any success. In the end I decided to use the computer Recovery discs as I have had this computer running on on the first instalation from over 2 years ago, which in my world is damm good going. I thought it needed cleaning out as it was getting a bit slow any way. Not to mention the closing down problems I was having. Switch off the computer at night and it would take well over 25 minutes before it powered off.

So thank you for trying to he;p but once I got going it was not so bad after all.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad