We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to copy my itunes library to an external hard drive and KEEP all my playlists intact pls

julius44

Likes # 0

Good monring to you all. I'm about to purchase a 2tb external hard rive which is on sale at maplins, link is here: http://www.maplin.co.uk/2tb-freeagent-goflex-desk-external-hard-drive-396166 I've already reserved it to pick up later.

I have a windows 7 desktop pc....ALL my collection of music is stored on my pc...in itunes, AND I have about 100 playlits which I also need to keep as well.

I need advise moving my itunes library to the external hard drive AND moving ALL my playlists as well, and I need to do this WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS PLEASE. My itunes music library is the most important thing ive got on my desktop. Any good advice would be much appreciated. many thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've found this. It's a lot of reading. Good luck. I've never done it so better to wait to see if someone actually has.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Simple enough,here you go. Move iTunes library.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014: A reflection

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?