We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

This website and IE9

ams4127
Resolved

Likes # 0

For some strange reason the box for posting questions or replies has suddenly "lost" the formatting/website link ability. There is nothing there.

Everything is as it should be in Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Blue Moon and Safari. It is only IE9 which seems to be affected.

Anyone got any ideas?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It's OK for me now but they have disappeared for me at times. I just use the compatibility mode when this happens. Win7 64-bit IE9.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave. Unfortunately it makes no difference.

I would have put your name in "bold"

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Anyone else getting this problem?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

From time to time the text formatting tools take a while to load. The page loads without them, and there's a short wait before they appear. I experience this only rarely. My browser is Google Chrome.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I am on IE9 at the moment and posting this after leaving the page to load for 5 minutes. Still no formatting option.

Loading is instant on all the other browswers.

This isn't really a problem or complaint. If I want to post a reply (with formatting) I switch to Chrome.

IE9 has always been my favourite browser and, until a few days ago, I had no problems. It just suddenly started. I am not aware of changing any settings or anything.

Formatting still works perfectly on all the other websites I visit.

I'll give it a couple of days to see if anyone else has the same problem, and then carry out a system restore to see if that helps.

Thanks to all for your interest.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Useing Win 7 64bit and IE9 without any problems. I do not use any other browsers, and my security is full ( not free ) AVG

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try running IE without add-ons. Type Internet Explorer in the search box and select internet explorer (no add-ons). See if the site works OK then.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave13 for that idea. Just tried it - still the same.

I am utterly baffled by this because everything was fine up until about two weeks ago. I repeat that I have altered nothing and that every other website's formatting is still working properly.

Any other bright ideas will be welcomed.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Java website won't load and keeps crashing. This may well be the clue I was looking for. Thanks rdave13.

I'll keep trying to sort it all out and will come back later.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers