We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MS Office Title Bar Font

s99Raj

Likes # 0

I don't know how this has happened but when I open up Microsoft Office (Word or Excel, for example) all the words in the title bars are in italics - their font seems to have changed. For example, in Word, the words Home, Insert, Page Layout etc. on the tabs are all in italics. On the Home tab, the words Clipboard, Font, Paragraph, Stlyes are all in italics. The same applies to all the other tabs. How do I change them back to their "normal" font?

Like this post
s99Raj

Likes # 0

According to this :

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/can-i-customize-the-ribbon-HA010227754.aspx

the font or font size cannot be changed on the Ribbon, yet it has changed on mine!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

In XP you change it through Display Properties: Rightclick on blank part of desktop and choose 'Properties' -> Appearance tab and click on the Advanced button, then in new window that pops up - under 'Item' from the drop down choose 'Active title bar' and then/or 'menu' and you can customise the font for both.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015