We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

sony vgn-nw20ef laptop

YAMA
Resolved

Likes # 0

well hello room, here is my problem, to me a big one so hope the room can help, My battery will only charge 50%so looks like I need a new one, but I am confused,looked on the internet,and every time I open up to have a look and order. further down the advert it always says- (although it is the same number on the battery) will not work on win7 and needs to be adapted to work, but it seems a lot of things can go wrong when altering the laptop to take the battery, ?????-- so can any one say where I can get a battery for the pc, that needs no adapting just one in one out change, but not at a daft price, thanks yama

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

The operating system has nothing whatsoever to do with a laptop battery so I am not really sure what you are trying to say. Can you post a link to the website that you were looking at?

Battery 1.

Battery 2.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'd be wary of those links you have posted Chronus (unless you know better and have had dealings with them) neither seem to have either an address or phone number. The 2nd one is definitely in China. Check out the small print on Contact, Returns etc.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

There's one here but make sure it's the right one for your model.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

lotvic - I hear your concerns, but I recently ordered a new laptop keyboard from what I though was a UK supplier. Turned out it was a Hong Kong based company, trading through a spares supplier in Cardiff. The delivered item (next day) was the wrong model. An email to HK produced an apology with the correct KB being delivered the next day. Didn't even have to send the wrong one back.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

The links were nothing more than an indication that the laptops O/S has no bearing on it's battery,but you are correct I should have looked more closely at my suggestions.

Sent from my iPad.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Chronus, Totally agree "The operating system has nothing whatsoever to do with a laptop battery" it's a fact. (and I'm still saving up to get a Tablet - so am jealous you've got one ;-))

Like this post
YAMA

Likes # 0

been away came back to what looks like a ongoing chat with out ref to( my )problem, and it is a big one problem to me, so please can you help, ta yama

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

The battery will work OK regardless of operating system as stated by others previously

Windows 7 uses a different method to interrogate the batteries performance and this will not work well with some older type batteries.

So if you have an older laptop but with windows 7 installed it may tell you the battery level incorrectly (hence the warnings on the adverts - this battery won't work with windows 7) the battery works but the level indication is wrong.

Like this post
YAMA

Likes # 0

well got a new battery this morning, tried it fitted ok, followed the instructions place the cd in open it and then it came up with it wanted to alter the bios, do not want to go down that road, and mess up the laptop, cheers yama

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Is this guide what it is wanting to do? Sorry if you thought we were 'chatting' I was just concerned that you got new battery from somewhere good to deal with.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...