We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iphone photo orientation

Graham*

Likes # 0

I receive photos that have been taken on an iphone. They come in rotated, so I have to open them with Irfanview and rotate them before uploading to the website. I have looked for an answer on Apple, but can't see a definate solution.

Is it a setting on the iphone?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Depends hoe the iPhone was held. Same as any camera.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Hoe = wow.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

And wow = how!

Must get a new keyboard.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Not that simple, I'm afraid. The iphones have an orientation system.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Then that's your answer.

If you don't mind deviating a bit from your original problem I wonder if you would be kind enough to help the family, not me you understand, with a cat problem?

Tom, 7 years, un-spayed (if that's the word) was scared as a kitten and never goes out the front door due to an artic' lorry passing at the time. So no wandering to the main road. Back of house leads to countryside with no roads.

Always slept in the utility room at night. Pattern has changed dramatically and the bloody feline will sleep, in the same spot, in the garden whatever the weather or time of day or night. I know it is friendly to our newer neighbours' cats and no fighting has occurred.

I know I'm presuming a lot on your good nature but my children are worried to see the tom behaving this way.

I think he's working for a leg-over but it's been going on for too long for my liking.

Tom is getting thinner even though it eats enough for a horse. Wormed regularly and deloused of fleas.

I think the animal is ill but as I absolutely hate cats I don't take an interest. Until now.

May I ask for your advice in this matter and please accept my humble apologies for hi-jacking your thread.

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

"I have to open them with Irfanview and rotate them"

you can rotate an image in windows explorer without opening it, the option is available via a right-click in thumbnail/filmstrip view.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

No problem. Tom needs to go to the vet for a check-over and then to be neutered. Do keep in touch if you need further assurance.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

X7-250

Yes, you can do that, but it doesn't 'persist'. When you upload, the original orientation remains.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thank you Graham*. Will take the animal to the vet if I have to but will not neuter it. It would change the character of the Tom. Remember it's 7 years old. Thank you for the standard advice any way. Much appreciated.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Further... If Tom is losing weight, he needs the vet urgently. This is often a sign of kidney failure. When cats are ill, they become more sensitive to temperature - too hot or too cold.

Boris, the cat that lives in my house, was neutered at 15. It calmed him down a lot and he doesn't bite me now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger