We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Packard Bell iMedia 1517 unable to find Multimedia Driver - please help

esalim

Likes # 0

Hello PC Advisors and those who can help, I have an obsolete model of PC which is Packard Bell iMedia 1517, recently reinstalled Windows XP 2002 SP3 but when trying to find the Multimedai Driver (e.g. Audio file in particular) unable to do so as my model no longer around - and google not much of a help,

Packard Bell website is as useless as my sound - please help!!!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Go here, select desktop (if it's that) select iMedia then you need to select what model number ie, PT.U03-PV.U03. You should get your drivers for XP there.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It looks older that what's provided. What model number is your 1517?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look at this. You should have an idea of the age of the PC. Hunt for audio driver. If you're not sure what the driver is then copy and paste to a search engine.

You can run Belarc or SIW to find out what audio chip you have.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Are there any other numbers on it ie PV.... or PT....?

Like this post
esalim

Likes # 0

rdave13 and Strawballs Thank you guys for getting back on this one!!!

Here how the info appears on the label:

Model/Type: UTOW - ORI MS WHQL No: ORI 100074 S/N: 048231420104 PID: 0482314 P/N: PB13318701 MIM:

Product Name: IMEDIA 1517

I am running WinXP SP3

and that's about it:) Model is mentioned at the top but when visited website, dont think they have the right one, I have been looking for the driver for quite sometime now, thinking on giving up. lol

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Did you run Belarc? What is your audio chip?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do