We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Replacing UPS battery.

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Have a Unitek Alph650ipk UPS and the battery has died. Found a replacement here. Can any one tell me how difficult it can be to replace the battery? Is it worth replacing or buying a new UPS? Thanks.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Standard lead acid with spade push on terminals.

Should be simple. Open up the unit first to check for snags. Security screws or different terminals.

There maybe/should be a fuse somewhere. Check that.

We used to lots of use those batteries where I worked. They don't last forever. Commonly available.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thanks robinofloxley. Watched a video for replacing an APS one. Will have a delve underneath the unit later on before ordering. This battery has been on the go since 2007 so done well.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I have several types of UPS's here, all use a different method of replacing batteries, one you un-clip the front then unscrew a square plate and the battery slides in, another has a plate on the base that unscrews and you just slide the battery in and screw back the plate, the last (IBM) has a plastic cover at the rear hiding the battery. All of them just have slide on leads with Lucar connectors.

Mind how you go and dont drop it on your foot!

Most of mine take this battery

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thanks wiz-king. Same battery and I'll save a few pounds. :)

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Similar spec battery available here for £15.60 if you collect from one of their branches (else delivered for £19.92)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just an update, ordered battery from MDS battery after posting yesterday and it just arrived. Very good service and free delivery.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...