We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

automatic reply

wfulton_2121

Likes # 0

Hi all,

I need to set an auto reply on a user account. The idea is to let the sender know their email has been received NOT to let them know the user is out of office.

When the out of office assistant replies to the sender the subject says "out of office" this is not what i want it to tell the sender.

Is there anyway i can customise the subject of the auto reply?

Thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You do not state which email client you are using. If using Outlook this link shows you how to do it enter link description here

Or take a look in this list enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I don't know if those above links will help having read your post again.

However I use Incredimail and I can choose Automatic Reply Settings from the Tools Menu and type in whatever message I want - for instance "I have received your message and will be in touch a.s.a.p" This then doesn't give any indication that I am away or out of the office.

Look in your settings and you may find something similar.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

wfulton_2121

This link may help you set the rule you want. Auto Reply

The only thing is, you may need to adjust the setting to ensure only the address you want to send the Auto Reply is nominated rather than it going to the world and his wife who send an e mail to you.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

Will I be affected by VAT MOSS? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers