We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Buying a replacement Laptop keyboard

bturner
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all,

I spilt a drink on my Laptop keyboard and had to take it out as it typing random letters all the time.

I am currently using a wireless keyboard with dongle.

Where is the best place to get a new Packard Bell Easynote keyboard and which numbers are needed? Model Number MP-09B26GB-6981 P/N: PK130C83007 S/N: 01031417765M KB KB1170G1960360449D1600

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat/\0/.

I think that the price shown on your link would only refer to the individual replacement keys and not the full keyboard. I recently obtained a replacement keyboard for my EasyNote and I obtained it at a price of £50. Mine was not the same EasyNote model as bturner's though. I had paid about £4 for individual replacement keys.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat/\0/\

Should have read your reply properly. You said "here". Not "this here" I misunderstood your reply. Apologies

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

Ebay

I have bought a couple of DELL keyboards for laptops off EBay with no problems - Worth checking feedback carefully of couse.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Also check correct country spec ie UK.

Easy to buy a cheap US one. Or at least I nearly have.

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

Soak the keyboard in warm soapy water, rinse with warm water, wrap in a towel and leave in hotpress for a week or so, To test, seal it in a plastic bag and return to hotpress for a few hours, if no condensation you're good to go. Repeat if necessary.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

What is a hotpress?

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

An airing cupboard..... where the immersion heater is.. hot-water tank

Like this post
bturner

Likes # 0

Many thanks for all the helpful replies.

Like this post  
bturner

Likes # 0

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this company, I think they are in Hong Kong and I am in the UK.

http://www.gemwon.com/sp6497

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...