We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows live mail

Daiol

Likes # 0

I have been using windows live mail for some time.But over the last few months I have changed over to Thunderbird email.i find it good easy backups etc,Now what to do with the WLM can I delete it or what would be the best option.If its possible to delete it from my pc what would be the best way to achieve this task,As its part of windows essentials. Any help here please. thanks.d.

Like this post
DaleF

Likes # 0

I'm sure if you click un-install a program through control panel & then select Windows Live essentials, you can select which programs you want to keep or which you want to delete.

However I do know that when you install it, you can choose the services you want, so if you can't do option one, un-install & then re-install and un-tick the WLM.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Some guidance here

uninstall WLM

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Sea urchin.regarding the link you gave,I followed it but according to the image on the link it shows a choice of what to uninstall. When I select uninstall/change I don't get any options as per image it just shows windows live essentials nothing else. Am I going on the correct track? Thanks both.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

What happens when you click on Uninstall Windows Live Essentials? I would have thought you would get the individual programs to select from.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

No.It just wants to uninstall essentials. Many thanks.d.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Just came across this on another forum - I don't know if it will work but surely worth a look

*Open up Windows Live Mail, Click on the Help Tab, Type "Uninstall Windows Live Mail" in the search box. A screen will come up and click on "Uninstall Windows Live Mail" and follow the directions*

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Hi,Thanks for another reply.Went to follow your info but cant find WLM it seems to have vanished from my pc.Dont know what has happened but its gone I only tried with the last info you gave me regarding the essentials . Its a mystery.Will dig deeper tomorrow,I'll be back. Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote