We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pppoa

andydgra

Likes # 0

my broadband connection is terrible. I contacted talk talk who said it must be my router. because talk talk wanted £50 for a router I bought a Belkin Surf N150 router then realised I also needed a modem to go with it, I bought a TP-Link TD-8616. It wouldn't work, it wouldn't open the web management page, so I contacted TP-Link tech support who told me that talk talk is PPPoA and therefore that modem won't work. Which modem should I buy because no one in the shop had heard of a problem like this before? Please don't say the talk talk one because the TP ones are £10ish and the talk talk one is overpriced at 50.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

For ADSL you really are better to get a combined Router & ADSL Modem. Trying to connect a "Cable/DSL Router" which only supports PPPoE, and not PPPoA, is fraught with problems. However, you won't get this for £10, it will be around the £50 mark.

Like this post
jja244

Likes # 0

I connect to Talktalk using a TP Link TD-W8961ND Wireless N ADSL2+ modem router. I've had it for over a year without any problems. It cost me about £30 from Amazon if my memory serves me correctly.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...