We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Created PDF files can i merge files from one PDF to another?

Sparkly
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi i have been scanning documents of work an elderly gent had created and printed out of his life,(scanning to PDF) i was happily scanning page after page when the printer/scanner decided to freeze, so i had to start the scanning process again where it had last saved the scans when i started to scan again i selected the folder that contained the scans thinking it would carry on in order but it saced the second lot of scans in the folder but called it scan 2, so i now have in the folder scan 1 and scan 2 is it possible to merge the two scans into one PDF file? Useing HP software on W7. Thanks in advance.

Like this post
Garawa

Likes # 0

I had the same problem, couldn't find a solution anywhere without paying a fortune for Adobe that I might barely use. Then I came across a suggestion for doing it online and now I use it all the time:

http://foxyutils.com/mergepdf/

Basically, you upload all the individual PDF files and you can sort the order. You click the merge button and it puts them together and you then download the new single file to a destination of your choice. Worked wonders for me! It doesn't save the files so make sure they are right before you exit the website!

Like this post
Garawa

Likes # 0

PS - just do step 1 and and 2 and you're done. Don't need to click the download button to install any software.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I believe it is possible to merge (Package, in PDF Terms) two scans, but I am pretty sure only a Dedicated Program such as PDF Converter Pro may be needed - not cheap at £100 +

I would be happy to be proved wrong!

Like this post
Sparkly

Likes # 0

Hi Garawa thanks for the link i had just been looking at the site but the max upload is 50mb so may have to install it. Thanks.

Like this post
GroupFC

Likes # 0

You cna get software that will merge pdfs. I have just tested it with pdfsam which is freeware and can be found here

Hope that helps.

Like this post  
Sparkly

Likes # 0

Hi Nontek "I would be happy to be proved wrong! "Hopefully something can be found to do this, if i thought the scanner would carry on without freezing it would not be a problem but after 30-40 scans the scan goes halfway down the glass and thats it, im looking at 250+ pages. Thanks.

Like this post
Sparkly

Likes # 0

Hi GroupFC thanks i have just downloaded and gave it a go and it seems to have done the job nicely. @ Nontek worth a look seems to do what it says on the tin. Thanks all.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Great, glad I was proved wrong!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

PS - thanks for the offer, but I already have the latest PDF Converter Pro.

Like this post
GroupFC

Likes # 0

Glad to be of service!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow