We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

D-Link DIR-301 No internet access.

TheOne181

Likes # 0

Hi, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I had this router working on a Virgin modem just fine. But now is not needed, so I thought I would use it for myself as a signal booster for my house, the internet coming from my Sky router. Any help on what settings on the d-link or sky could be wrong would be a great help.

Cheers.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Don't know a lot about routers but maybe you hae to set it back to factory settings to get it to work on sky.I know some routers will only work on Virginmedia and will not work elsewhere but not sure if yours is one of those or not.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

maybe get some tips from the manual.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:FT1VlyIdfuUJ:ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dirproducts/dir-301/DIR-301ManualEnglish.pdf+d-link+dir-301+manual&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjc1u3j1kvfGtqFTHun4ardxUlGtApywAvUjnYecarkPinAwnw1fkFNjeCJAaDuiUKpXzVsM2m76RNKQIkG6LfYzBeQMzvZSjyqyzFFY9DQqIEiIKHoacgpROOQgi5xsq-ePMq&sig=AHIEtbTGqC1rT1JErzwhJis8pZj8fFH8Og

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sorry did not work must have been to long.

It was the top one on this google page if you don't have the manual at home.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=d-link+dir-301+manual&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=&redir_esc=&ei=yL51T43NCunK0QXAurikDQ

Like this post
TheOne181

Likes # 0

Thank you very much good man, I didn't have the manual so that was a great help. I followed the manuals instructions and bam, it's working a treat. Thanks again bud.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

TheOne181

Glad that you managed to sort it out, and for letting us know the outcome.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide