We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

UK Public Holidays & Outlook 2010

wee eddie
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just noticed that M$ Outlook 2010 does not have the Public Holidays included as Outlook XP did.

I visited the Helproom and found the relevant information. Unfortunately I also found a number of Articles, admittedly a couple of years old, saying that many of the UK Dates were incorrect.

I found no subsequent Articles to say that these had been corrected.

Does anyone know how I can Download, and install into Outlook, the correct Public Holidays for the UK, preferentially those specific to Scotland?

Like this post
mimosa418

Likes # 0

It means a bit of work but the following two sites give you the ifo you require to make a fix. click here and Click here

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

mimosa418: You found exactly what I found.

Unfortunately the original article is 18 months old. Published on September 3rd in 2010. I have been unable to find any later postings on the matter and was wondering if anyone knew whether M$ had updated the file or not.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I have decided to go ahead and install the, potentially, inaccurate Holiday Dates, but still keep a careful eye on my Desk Diary.

Oh the marvels of modern science!

Interestingly, while installing them, the relevant Installation Page said that they were already installed, although it was patently obvious that they were not.

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The Outlook Bank Holidays for this spring are also wrong as they do not take into account the jubilee changes (this applies to 2007 as well as 2010 version).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Dell adds Intel processor to new Wyse thin client

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...