We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Computer Crash this Morning

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Computer crashed this morning after downloading and running Eset smart security.

I did have Avast on but removed it completely using Revo uninstaller.

Eset did find a problem in the Firewall which I think it stopped from running but will have to wait till it stops scanning so that I can check what the fault was.

Ok Scan Just finished and the problem was.Port scanning Attack.

Source 221. 192.199.49:1.1200

target 82.29.12,241:6515 TCP

Any way of finding out what it is maybe one of my other security programs.

Probably a one off but will see if it happens again.Scan ran Ok that time without crashing.

032712-26972-01.dmp 27/03/2012 07:25:48 UNEXPECTEDKERNELMODE_TRAP 0x1000007f 0x00000008 0x807c6750 0x00000000 0x00000000 ehdrv.sys ehdrv.sys+19d0 ESET Helper driver ESET Smart Security ESET 5.0.87.0 32-bit ntoskrnl.exe+b4ae3 ntoskrnl.exe+11754 C:\Windows\Minidump\032712-26972-01.dmp 2 15 7601 179,019

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

buteman you should have used the removal tool in safe mode to get rid of AVAST, AFTER YOUR RESTORE, BEFORE YOU INSTALLED ESET.

Sorry for shouting.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Tried the removal tool in safe mode but could not get it to work properly so just removed it from add remove instead.Did not want to use Revo again in case it removed to much.I always run it on setting 4 to remove completely.

It is still starting when you reboot but it is a case of is it isn't it.

A few things in event viewer that I need to look at.

Never know what I am doing in there but have to try.

Will need to leave it till a bit later as I have just been told that I am going out.

Anyhow thanks so far at least it is working and Eset seem's to be running Ok.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try running the system file checker a couple of times now you've restored.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

Ok running it now.

Just booted up and checked event viewer and no problems in it since this morning so maybe it has sorted itself out a bit.

I will do a couple of restarts on it when i am finished running sfc /scannow to see if that creates any problems.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

Ran it 3 times and it found nothing,A couple of things have appeared in Event viewer so just checking to see if I can fix them or not.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Date: 31/03/2012 14:12:42 Event ID: 3 Task Category: Session Level: Error Keywords: Session User: SYSTEM Computer: roy-PC Description: Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 Event Xml:

0x8000000000000010

Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin
roy-PC

ReadyBoot
C:\Windows\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ReadyBoot.etl

Getting another one of the same saying ready boot is full.Any idea what ready boot does.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well looks as though that problem in Event viewer can be ignored,Will have a look and see if I can find anything for ready boot full.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2001347#top

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

This is the other one.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Date: 31/03/2012 14:12:42 Event ID: 4 Task Category: Logging Level: Warning Keywords: Session User: SYSTEM Computer: roy-PC Description: The maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\Windows\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ReadyBoot.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 20971520 bytes. Event Xml:

0x8000000000000010

Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin
roy-PC

ReadyBoot
C:\Windows\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ReadyBoot.etl

Will see if I can find the problem with that,But maybe it would be best if I just ignored event viewer.But will see if I can fix this one first.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It's ok looks like I can leave that one alone as well.

looks like I will need to stop looking in Event viewer for problems that either can't or don't need to be fixed.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

buteman

I get a few red spots in event viewer and rarely can find out what they mean; best ignored if all is well. Glad you are sorted. PS If you get a call from "Microsoft" in an Indian accent and they ask you to look at the event viewer and offer to fix it if you make a small payment... I expect you will tell them what to do! Relax in the warm glow of your success with Brumas' posts!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It look as if it's sorted with the restore. Good result. As for event viewer it sometimes gives results that are the result of another problem, so not entirely accurate.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...