We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Computer Crash this Morning

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Computer crashed this morning after downloading and running Eset smart security.

I did have Avast on but removed it completely using Revo uninstaller.

Eset did find a problem in the Firewall which I think it stopped from running but will have to wait till it stops scanning so that I can check what the fault was.

Ok Scan Just finished and the problem was.Port scanning Attack.

Source 221. 192.199.49:1.1200

target 82.29.12,241:6515 TCP

Any way of finding out what it is maybe one of my other security programs.

Probably a one off but will see if it happens again.Scan ran Ok that time without crashing.

032712-26972-01.dmp 27/03/2012 07:25:48 UNEXPECTEDKERNELMODE_TRAP 0x1000007f 0x00000008 0x807c6750 0x00000000 0x00000000 ehdrv.sys ehdrv.sys+19d0 ESET Helper driver ESET Smart Security ESET 5.0.87.0 32-bit ntoskrnl.exe+b4ae3 ntoskrnl.exe+11754 C:\Windows\Minidump\032712-26972-01.dmp 2 15 7601 179,019

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I think you need to go into the firewall preferences/exceptions and look to see how it is set up for your internet connections. You may well find it is blocking some essential services/port which is giving the warnings you are experiencing.

Eset provide some help for this, and this article could cure all your problems. There are a couple more pages that may help here and here.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

johndrew

Removed Eset and downloaded again.Tried quite a few things without any success then tried your[ This article thread ]and changed it to what was shows.

Rebooted twice so far and it has started properly so that looks like it has fixed the problem.

Will have a look through the rest shortly.Thank you for your help.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Nope back to square one.But will keep looking.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Obvious something simple but cannot find it.

Internet access on the Taskbar has an exclamation mark on it and will not let me connect to the internet.

Tried all the troubleshooters etc but still nothing.Firefox and I/E will not open.

But the odd part is if I open Hitmanpro or windows live E-mail I get the Internet connection back.

Reboot and it is back to square one with no Internet connection.

Temporary disabling the firewall + protection and it still will not connect.

I was going to disconnect the Firewall and use Windows Firewall but as far as I can make out you cannot do that with Eset Smart Security 5.

Using W/7 32 bit, tried system repair.sfc /scannow with no luck.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

WinASO is free for ever, its just the free version is limited to 1o cleans at a time.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

Yes my favorite cleaner.I would normally have it on my computer but got Glarry Utilities free so gave that a try.

I think it is something to do with my IP address on Eset but not sure how to check or change it.

No doubt a bit more googling might give me an answer.

Remember Argos is giving you a £10 voucher if spend over £100 not sure if that would be £30 if you spend £300 or more for your TV.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

buteman

I have always appreciated your hints and tips on software, but maybe in your enthusiasm you have too complicated a set up. I have the W7 firewall, Avira anti virus, SAS Spywareblaser, and Malawarebytes. I only use CCleaner as a registry cleaner and have had no problems since using it, whereas other reg cleaners caused all kinds of problems. I also only have IE9. Perhaps using these less sophisicated things may help. I hope you solve the problem!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

john bunyan

Still working on it just about to remove Eset again then reinstall it.

Not a lot on this computer.I actually prefer Winaso to C Cleaner but with anything like that you are bound to get the odd problem.

Just looking for an Eset removal tool or might just use Revo.Will see how I get on after that.

I don't have IE9 as I don't like it and prefer Firefox now as I/E is not as quick.

Maybe I just look for problems to give me something to do.

Will let you know how I got on.If you don't hear from me for a while you will know I have made it worse.

Thanks for the advice it is always appreciated.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well removed Eset again and it still does not want to connect to the Internet but it will if I open Windows live mail.So not sure what the problem could be.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try the winsock fix for Win 7 here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...