We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No Internet Connection

ponytail

Likes # 0

My wife has suddenly found that there is no internet connection on here laptop.It is wireless.I can get the internet on my PC so there is no problem there it must be something to do with the wireless connection.It was working ok a few hours ago can someone advise.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Guys when my wife bought this laptop I set it up for a wireless conection and it has been fine right up untill about three hours ago so what could have caused this problem.Is it possible to reset it up for wireless again when I originally set it up it was for the original set up can I do that again and if so gow do I do it.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

I have got the System Software Media Disc when I insert the disc what happens if I choose Standard Installation.Does it have any effect on what is saved on the hard drive ie will we lose things like photos and letters which are saved on ther is it ok to prceed with a standard installation and will this allow me to set it up for wireless again.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It is unlikely that it needs to be set up again. Unlikely but not impossible though. More likely is that accidentally a switch or key has been touched. Have you tried F9?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It would look like a Beacon sending out radio waves.

Try services and make sure WLAN is set to automatic.

Not sure if a system restore would fix the problem or not.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi buteman when you say check services how do I do that. Thank's

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

The Wireless key on your laptop is F9 (you may need to press the Fn at the same time).

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Guys I just tried a system restore and when it had finished it said no changes had been made.But when I clicked on Google it came up I tried some other web sites and it now seems fine so not sure what the problem was but thanks for all the advice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room