We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help erased pen drive by mistake

finerty

Likes # 0

I erased my pen drive by mistake and i need the files from the pen drive. Its a 4gb pen drive and the computer os is windows xp home. Many thanks

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

What do you mean by "erased my pen drive" did you just delete the contents or have you formatted it? Tell us exactly what you did. (and don't try to use it until you have told us the full details as you may inadvertently overwrite files)

Someone will then be able to suggest the best program to recover contents. I assume they are a mixture of files, pics and documents etc?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Recuva is good even if you have formstted the drive

Recuva

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Sorry lotvic i was using acronis and erased the wrong drive and being the pen drive, i didnt make a back up. I try recuva.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Acronis wiped the pen drive

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

finerty

If you have used Acronis wipe facility [properly] your data has gone irretrievably.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If all else fails, try this direct download. Before running the program, create a New Folder on your Desktop and then Browse to the new folder from within the program as the destination for any recovered files/pics etc.

You can cancel the process at any time, anything recovered up to that point will still be in the new folder. You can even open the new folder during the process and see if anything is happening.

http://www.rcc-ltd.co.uk/CampicRestor.zip

Worth a try ..... Good luck.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I would agree, if you used wipe then it's gone.

Like this post
rick4

Likes # 0

You can recover files from USB drive using advanced third party recovery software. In fact, there are many software available. Try Remo Recover(Windows), which is an efficient recovery software that can restore files even after formatting your USB drive. http://www.myfilerecovery.net/from-external-usb-drive.html

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow