We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New version of WinPatrol

Sea Urchin
Resolved

Likes # 0

now available - 24.5.2012 - for those who use it.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Sorry - here's the link

WinPatrol

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin

Now updated.Thanks.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin

G'day mate, have you looked at Task Catcher

It was included in the email I got this morning. I also notice that you will be able to upgrade for $1.99 on 1st April if you download now. I am using Mac now mostly so I don't know whether it will be worth it for me to put on my old laptop.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin

I use Avira anti virus, and have Spywareblaster, Superantispyware and Malawarebytes. Do you see WinPatrol as an extra to these or a substitute for one of them? Would be grateful for your views.(W7)

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

It is an excellent "Extra" and not at all like the anti malware programs you have. Nor does it hog resources.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

rawprawn

Thanks; will give it a try!

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

G'day rawprawn

Thanks for that, but I am not sure if I would need Task Catcher - I'll keep it in mind for further evaluation.

Hi john bunyan

WinPatrol has a number of other functions over and above those programs you have installed. One of the most useful is alerting you to new Tasks and Startup programs which are silently inserted by other programs. It also enables monitoring of various other functions - see screenshot

WinPatrol

I use Comodo Security Suite, plus Spywareblaster and the Pro version of Malwarebytes - which includes real time protection. In my opinion well worth the one-off fee.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

john Bunyon I should have said that the information about anything on your computer available in the Plus version (paid for one off) is very good, and in my opinion very worthwhile.

Like this post  
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin, rawprawn

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...