We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Paragon Back Up

bruno

Likes # 0

I use Windows 7 and last week I had a problem which needed a full reinstall to correct it. I did a full back up using Paragon. The machine worked fine until I restored the files completely, then the original problem returned. I did another reinstall without restoring the back up and PC is working fine. I would like to rsetore some important files individually but I can find no way of identifying which is which. I have read Paragons explanation and another one I found but it does not make sense to me Any help appreciated.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Hopefully this will help to 'see' the files on the backup image (especially the last post) http://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php/t-263625.html

This is the restore options, http://kb.paragon-software.com/paragon/include/templ/object2.jsp?catId=2125&objId=6178&statId=1970912&foLang=en

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

It's called 'Mounting an Image'.

I haven't read rdave's links in full, an extra Google link here just in case.

Like this post
bruno

Likes # 0

Thanks for the suggestions.I will now give them a go and let you know how I get on.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

In my second link you can download a PDF document with complete instructions and screen shots that might help further.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...