We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WiFi Printer to network

destan
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am trying to set up a LAN for a charity. But am having difficulty networking on a wireless Kodak Printer. The Hub is a BT Business BB Router. I have set up 7 computers on the LAN and am trying to get them to all print using the KODAK C3100 Printer. The first one installed from the Install Disc. The second one stated there was a fire wall block, Port 5353. The third has a fault of 106-1606 so even though it shows the printer available but when I try to install it states no printer found.

Do I need to re-set up the network as public or pivate. The 3 pcs next to the printer are running Vista, three others are running Win7, I am not setting these up to the printer, and the router is controlled by an old pc running XP.

I have not hard wired any computers to the printer but have downloaded a firmware update.

I thought this would be a simple, quick Saturday morning job.

Advice greatly anticipated and received.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You may do better posting this on the Networking Forum.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

The last Kodak printer I set up on a BT HomeHub was a similar nightmare. Solved by setting the Printer wireless configuration using the printer's settings and WLAN manually to join the router. (Using the encryption key on the router)

Then using the disk to add each computer so that the Kodak software was installed on every machine. (There were only 2 in this instance) No need to use a USB cable and using the wizard simply joined the network and searched for the printer on it.

Like this post
destan

Likes # 0

Taff, thanks. I have installed the printer from it's settings to the WiFi network. All the PC's can see it but the printer wizards can not find the drivers online. I then run the Kodak disc installation but then get the two faults. The one with the socket 5353 firewall issue has still installed the driver so I can print from the desktop icon and it appears in the Ctrl P option. The one with the Windows fault code, whcih is not recognised by the windows fault look up does not install the printer icon onto the tool bar.

REgards.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

It isn't a Windows Fault code. Kodak 106-1606 Error CodeNot sure if that will help you though.

Is this the printer ESP C310? If so the latest drivers from December are here Kodak ESP C310 Drivers

Like this post
destan

Likes # 0

Sorry fault code 101-1606, (Wrongly said 106) MSi error. I have run the Microsoft FiXIt but nothing found. It is just one machine. I was looking to see if there is available a Microsoft Installer Cleaner that I can run? or even a generic installer cleaner.

Cheers.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

There are various. What OS and service pack have you got on this one machine?

Like this post
destan

Likes # 0

Same as 2 others on thisVista SP2 updated on Win update, none available

just connected 2 win 7 laptop, straight on to printer with install disc. Just this one troublesome pc.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

See if this helps. Link to Microsoft Download Centre Go to the Method 2

Strangely enough I'm also doing this with a Dell Latitude on Vista 32bit at the moment

Like this post
destan

Likes # 0

Nope, will WiFi due to MSi fault. Persevered and somehow got USB to run. So two Wireless and one USB. Not the solution I was looking for, but, works. Thanks for all the advice. Stan

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do