We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

number analysis software

pookie

Likes # 0

Good afternoon,

Can anyone recommend data mining, number analysis software. Doesn't have to be a free version. Ideally I will import number data, certain condictions and results and be able to analysis it to forecast future trends etc. I am no good at Excel, macros etc but have been storing the data in Excel. I have read about stock market trend programmes and data mining programmes that can be easy to use and read the results but I don't know the best ones and each thread promotes a different make.

Do you recommend anything? Price wise less than £100 I guess.

Thanks

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

would on line calculators be of any use?

johnny

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Over my head,well over really, have a look at the search engine results.

First page McAfee site advisor shows OK.

Like this post
pookie

Likes # 0

thanks for the replies. That's part of the problem - I have searched on google but there are just so many and each is naturally going to say they are better than their competitors.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps not the answers you are seeking, but have you considered downloading a trial program that are advertised, and see if that fits your needs, before purchasing?.

The other possible alternative might be, is to contact a local university, college or local library who runs courses for data collection, and see what they might suggest or offer?.

Like this post
pookie

Likes # 0

Dear spuds,

I am trying a few trials at the moment but I think you're right about courses. I am struggling with some of the trails as importing the data into them is ok but trying to read the results correctly - oh dear!

Thanks again

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Some of the best stock market data analysis tools are subscription-based. They work that way because the software needs a constant refresh of market status.

click here to see more

Like this post
pookie

Likes # 0

Thanks! That is a great link :-) I am going to post this as complete now as the rest is up to me really

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes