We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

problem setting up wireless printer

guyshahar

Likes # 0

I may be naive here, but I've just bought a Panasonic KX-MB2000E printer , installed the software provided and set it up to work with my laptop via a cable. However, I want it to work wirelessly as well (I have a wireless router at home through which the computers connect to the internet)

I followed the instructions in the manual, and entered the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway (that I got from doing a search on "ipconfig/all"), and I thought that would be enough to make it work wirelessly.. But it still doesn't work. It tells me that there it still doesn't detect a printer or scanner when I try to print and scan without the cable inserted. What am I missing (I hope it is something simple.....)

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I believe that this model is a network printer and does not have wireless capability. The operating manual seems to indicate this.

Do you have the facility on your router to attach your printer by ethernet cable to that - this would then be a printer server and all of your pc's can use it remotely.

Like this post
guyshahar

Likes # 0

Thank you - yes, I could do this. Would I need to do anything else, or would it just work then without any further configuration.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

First of all I would uninstall the printer from your laptop. Once you plug the printer into the router, it should assign an IP address to the printer automatically. Go to the control panel and click on Printers and Devices. Then click Add Printer. Select add Network Printer and it will find the printer sitting out there on the network as it's IP address is in the same pool as your network. Select the printer and it will then try to connect to the printer. At this point, it may start to ask for Drivers. Click on the Have disk button and go to the Printer Drivers CD and select Autorun.inf, this will automatically detect the signed drivers for the printer. It will then install the drivers that are needed.

Fingers crossed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......