We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung laster toner recycling

al's left peg
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi guys had a quick search on the site as to how to recycle a used laser toner. I have a ML-1865 laser printer and just ordered a new toner for it.

Surely Samsung can take this item back and refill it? It seems such a waste to just dispose of it. I have seen something from Samsung called the STAR program which stands for Samsung Take back And Recycle.

It looks to me though this is only available in the USA.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers Al.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Doesn't look like it. I have a Lexmark which has a free postage system to return the used toner cartridge.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Well well, look at the first ad. after this thread at the bottom of the page.

When colour inkjets first became affordable, many unsolicited mail shots were polythene bags to return empty cartridges, but at that time they meant laser not ink.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

When you get your new cartridge you may get a multi-language booklet inside the box with pre-paid address labels in it. I do with the Brother toners.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I tend to refill the toner cartridges that I use on a Samsung ML-4500, and after a couple or so refills, then its down to the local charity shop with the empty toner cartridge, and any other empty printer cartridges. Apparently its a nice little earner for them!.

Like this post  
al's left peg

Likes # 0

There are no address labels to send it back, that's a really good idea by the way.

I have never ever attempted to refill a toner and don't fancy giving it a go so will try the local charity shop and see if they can make something off it.

Thanks to all who have posted replies on this.

Regards, Al.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room