We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need asus Eee pc 1215n disassembly guide

WhiteTruckMan
Resolved

Likes # 0

I find myself having to replace the power socket for an asus Eee Pc 1215n netbook. I've tracked down the part, but I'm struggling to find a disassembly guide for the machine. I'm reluctant to go into the machine blind. I will if all else fails, but would appreciate knowing in advance what I'm going to be walking into.

The nearest machine I have managed to find one for is a 1008, but thats not the same, going off the position of the case screws (there are none visible on the 1215).

Mr Google isnt being very forthcoming I'm afraid. Anyone got any pointers?

WTM

Like this post
sidecar sid

Likes # 0

Youtube may be your friend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgSjmzz8Alg

Like this post  
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Normally I search like this.

Most are called service or maintenance, guides or manuals. And 99% are pdfs.

Also worth searching youtube 1215 diassembl. (covers disassemble and disassembly)

Sorry I didn't see your exact one on my travels. Have fun.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Or Sid's link is good.

Pick a common topic.

How to replace HDD or keyboard on Asus 1215.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Doh! Youtube, of course! Not a site I associate with tech manual type stuff. Obviously an oversight on my part, and something I'll have to bear in mind.

Thanks, generally for the pointer as well as the specific.

WTM

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

It was a revelation to me too till I knew. Have a good search. Post back if you get stuck.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...