We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ripping DVD

johnincrete

Likes # 0

I have a DVD I produced using Adobe Elements from clips taken on a camcorder. The original clips have been deleted. Is it possible to rip the DVD to recreate the clips so they can be used in another DVD? I've tried DVD Ripper and now I have the Video TS files in .vob format.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Try This........http://www.dvdflick.net/

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Are you intending to create a different dvd with these clips and not just a copy of the original.

Like this post
johnincrete

Likes # 0

Eedcam: I shall create a new DVD using the clips unchanged but adding others and a some audio.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

John you can do this with windows movie maker albeit no menus as such and depending which version you have you might have to still use the likes of flick for the finished file . Though wont elements import the TS files in which case do it all there

Like this post
johnincrete

Likes # 0

Solved the problem: Rip using DVD Rip to get the .vob Video TS Convert the big .vob to .avi using Alive Video Converter Import .avi into Serif Moviemaker as one big clip Split the clip as required

It does not recreate the several .avi clips but it does the job required

Thanks for the help - the clue was not knowing that the .vob file could be processed

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

John for future reference the Vob file is actually only an Mpeg2 format most decent editors willwork with that without converting

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

DVD Ripper and convertorYou might find this freebie (today only) handy

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia